Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 flatspot issues
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:44 pm 

Yepp, iggybox is defenitly on my xmas list! But who is "Nev"? Btw. No deto with stock heads! :thumbup: Tryed both fuels, no big diff but got the feeling that bike was at the edge to detonation with premium.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:04 pm 

RodH2

Does anybody have any info on NEV's retard iggy box......is it programmable or does it use dip switch settings ?......I see a picture of it on his website.......looks like plug and play as it is connectorized at least.......have been looking at the ZEEL which is programable to go between the pickups and Jim's Lakeserve all in one box.

THX Phil :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

As I recall, Nev's iggy is not programmable at all. Instead, it has a built in retard at higher rpms.
Maybe he will chime in with more detail.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:50 am 

Yes, would be great if he would, need to know more about it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 pm 

The Zeeltronic is great. If you are looking for a programmable ignition unit, go for it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 pm 

Yea, programmable seems to be the right choise here? A zeel should work with any porting,head,pipe configuration. Still intrested in how the mysteri "Nev" box works tho.. JORGEN! Are you happy with your Ebos heads? Whats the pressure reading vs. stock heads?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:01 pm 

To contact Neville Lush re his ignition unit, try - nlrace1 "at" bigpond.com . I'll give him a call this week and see if he's available to put something up here....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:26 am 

h2b780 wrote:
Yea, programmable seems to be the right choise here? A zeel should work with any porting,head,pipe configuration. Still intrested in how the mysteri "Nev" box works tho.. JORGEN! Are you happy with your Ebos heads? Whats the pressure reading vs. stock heads?

I have measured my Ebos heads to 2cc (ml) less than stock heads. Upside-down test using burette and plexiglass, with ign plug.
That equals to about 8% less volume in head.
Made for 195-200 ex duration 1.0 - 1,2mm squish clearance.............I think.

Have anybody here done a cc for H2 heads? Or know the stock cc given from Kawasaki?

Reason for asking is that my volume results differ from others, but the measurement is done on 2 different H2 heads.

I got 26cc, while I have seen 28cc readings from others. Not trapped volume above piston at TDC, but the volume of the head itself with the plug inside, so called "upside-down volume measurement.

Jørgen

Jørgen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:27 pm 

H2B780.........Nev is Neville lush racing.......engine builder racer in Australia........google his website....a real wizard !

This is good thread :!: .....keep the info coming, very interesting :clap:

jyrgNorway-you have one on your bike ?..........so I think I could use the Zeeltronic "Z-VDCI-30" progammable unit "in between" my Pickups and Jims Lakeland 3 into 1 CDI box (it is a good unit and flows up to 8 amps, would like to keep it).......google "Fast From Past"....Jim Hinshaw sell's the Zeel in Florida....$175

Question:......so then do you set static timing for the MAX amount FULL (say 26 degrees).......and then retard the box at idle to say 19....then 3000 to 24......then 4000 to 26.......then 5000 to 22.......and 6000 to 20........7000 to 18......and so on on (basically full advance would be no more than 26 or the static setting before programming)

Have you noticed some improvement in low end due to more advance ?.......and the benifit of stopping deto at higher RPM's and do you get more power with the retard at higher RPM ?

THX Phil :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:08 am 

BBP wrote:
H2B780.........Nev is Neville lush racing.......engine builder racer in Australia........google his website....a real wizard !

This is good thread :!: .....keep the info coming, very interesting :clap:

jyrgNorway-you have one on your bike ?..........so I think I could use the Zeeltronic "Z-VDCI-30" progammable unit "in between" my Pickups and Jims Lakeland 3 into 1 CDI box (it is a good unit and flows up to 8 amps, would like to keep it).......google "Fast From Past"....Jim Hinshaw sell's the Zeel in Florida....$175

Question:......so then do you set static timing for the MAX amount FULL (say 26 degrees).......and then retard the box at idle to say 19....then 3000 to 24......then 4000 to 26.......then 5000 to 22.......and 6000 to 20........7000 to 18......and so on on (basically full advance would be no more than 26 or the static setting before programming)

Have you noticed some improvement in low end due to more advance ?.......and the benifit of stopping deto at higher RPM's and do you get more power with the retard at higher RPM ?

THX Phil :thumbup:

Hi.

I have the complete ignition unit, the PDCI-30 and the hand held programmer. VERY nice!

I gained some horses on top, due to retarding timing gives both a hotter and stronger exhaust pulse, and also and the returning wave arrives earlier, thus more rpm thus more peak power.

I also gained some horses on mid range, due to advancing timing gives gives less exhaust pulse strength, thus less flow is pushed back down the transfers when the returning wave from nexhaust last cone arrives combustion chambers at the wrong time, usally at 2/3 of max torque rpm. When that returning wave enters cylinders AFTER pistons closes transfers, you are in the powerband. But as said, when arriving just before pistons closing transfers, you got the characteristic torque dip. BUT: This returning wave strength depends on f.ex exhaust port roof shape and the major part it depends on last cone angle on exhaust.

Running a zeel with stock pipes for example, is useless. But running it with my Jollymoto race pipes, gives more power.

I went from 104 to 109 rwhp on top when timing was retarded. Dont remember the values any more, think it wasaround 17 degrees in the 8500 rpm area.

Jorgen

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next