Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 flatspot issues
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:57 pm 

Jim wrote:
I just assumed it was a photo they happened to have. Do you mean he bought a lot of Tomcat chambers?

Yes. Don't know how many though. But I do know, they perform better than Jollymoto for peak power.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:00 pm 

Walms wrote:
Too bad there isn't an English version of this site...
Tomcats are the "best pipes" that they offer or do they do ones offs with specific port timing? What is the price?

Walms, they do. You see Union Jack up in the left corner? But the pricelist is not on the english site I see.....

Jim: Click kawasaki triples. The yellow bike ar the right is the bike you thought were a google image. And yes, you also see the dynochart 127 rwhp of that bike if you look closer. And remember, this is a piston port engine. Any comment on the mid range?

http://www.ebos.se/

Last edited by jyrgNorway on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 pm 

Interesting to hear, the word I heard was massive torque but don't rev out.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:02 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
Walms wrote:
Too bad there isn't an English version of this site...
Tomcats are the "best pipes" that they offer or do they do ones offs with specific port timing? What is the price?

Walms, they do. You see Union Jack up in the left corner?

http://www.ebos.se/

No, I'm limited to Safari on my dumb phone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:19 pm 

Walms wrote:
Interesting to hear, the word I heard was massive torque but don't rev out.

This one peaks 127 at 8100. Don't have a clue if it is with or without a adjustable ignition unit, but it seems the Tomcats behave the way you just said.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:29 pm 

Now that I've tried both torque and peak power pipes on my 500, I'm leaning toward the torque pipes for the best on the street for my H1... My next set will split the tuned length of the pair I have and also will have a 5" belly, as per Nev's suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:39 pm 

Walms wrote:
Now that I've tried both torque and peak power pipes on my 500, I'm leaning toward the torque pipes for the best on the street for my H1... My next set will split the tuned length of the pair I have and also will have a 5" belly, as per Nev's suggestion.

If i had a 5 inch belly i could get Gary Clarks leathers on he left at my house

FYI:- i have Higgspeed pipes and the top out around 7000 rpm. i do have the reeds so that is helping the low end. Higgsy said i could take 1 to 2 inches out of the headers and it would rev more, but for the street i recon 7000 is enought :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:46 pm 

Agreed Henry, what the heck would be the point? :lol:
Your bike lofted the front wheel at 4k in 2nd for me with my nut sack on the gas tank... Any more reving would just be silly!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:28 pm 

Hi Henry.

May I have your dyno sheet? That bike must be THE bike aiming for, regarding power. I have another Chris Ritchie reed (cylinder) set up Lectron 40 Jollymoto dyno sheet here, should be very interesting comparing those two Chris Ritchie set-ups against each other.

Jørgen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:57 pm 

H2B780......thank you !........I have looked at the K2tec pipes a few times, the non cross are about $700 and the cross over type in SS are something like $1800 I beleive........I think I heard they are a mid range street type HP pipe.....that is kind of what I am going for on my bike........Fast By Gast has a new pipe on their website, it is quite a bit fatter and sharper cone angles, also looks shorter than my earlier FBG pipes.........problem is, they are uglier than sin :lol: .........somebody tried them and said they really produced good tourque and were a big improvement of the early ones. My bike comes on about 5500 RPM, it's like you flipped a switch.......pulls strong to around 7000 or more.......must be the pipes :)

Jorgen......thank you for the education and tuning secrets :!:

That makes a lot of sense.......squish heads=faster combustion, therefore expansion follows sooner; Compensate by Retard Ignition to start sequence later=More Heat to pipes, therefore better and faster pressure wave.......Retard at higher RPM's ;)

Also makes good sense.......Low speed (3000 to 4500 rpm guessing).........advance timing on purpose=early combustion, then expansion completes, weaker pulse wave to pipes which are out of phase at this lower RPM=less pushing of gasses back into cranckase from transfer port. ;)

Very Very interesting :thumbup:

So then, until I get a Zeel installed and set up this summer........with squish heads and my setup.......retard Ignition from 23 degrees to ?.....something like 21 now (guessing)........and yes I know, this all depends on RPM, driving, etc :?:

What do you mean by Parallel ?........Parallel to the piston dome shape such as Wossner is 13 degrees.........is there a benifit to dual squish bands at different angles ?.......I have read that more squish band is used 70% in a hotrod motor......40% to 50% in a street motor

Do you run leaded race gas in that 109 hp bike ?

I have read some of your posts and seen Dyno info......good stuff.....you use spacers on some of your cylinders I beleive to jack them up and increase duration....and cut piston skirt :thumbup:

I hope I am not wearing you out with questions, it is great to understand some of this.....reading Gordon Jennings can be hard to understand to a degree......and most tuners just won't comment (other than the triple guys :thumbup: )

THX Phil :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next