Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: H2R rep
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:19 am 

JayDav wrote:
GetnJgyWitit wrote:
I know this may be asking a lot, but is there anyway you can host the pics on another site? For some reason the military has your site blocked and I can't see the pics. BTW, they have flickr.com blocked too so that won't work either, but I think photobucket works. I'd love to see your work!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you JayDav!

This thing looks pretty amazing! What airfilters are those and kickstarter is that? I like the fork brace to and the frame gussetting! I think the square headlights could work, but something needs to be a little different about them. I think they would look better yellow maybe.

02' SV650 Race Bike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:05 am 

Not if ive had a hard night on the grog it would;t :lol: ill splash some paint on it soon i like certain roughnes or used look to my bikes. :ugeek: ...kwacka karl ...ozz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:16 am 

Mike,

What fork brace? I see a fender and a lower triple clamp. Very nice triple clamps too and very cool frame, look closely. 8-)

Don

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:18 am 

I'd kill for an original H2-R frame, there are a few of them in Aus! :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:38 am 

from what i;ve red there not all that good; and your still stuck with skinny wheels;it would be oright to sit in the lounge room and look at. the H2R of mine looks like one but its more like a r1 it;s got 1370 wheel base. and heaps more stuff dune i wont menchen h2s-h2r like a toys compaired that frame . and when you go for a ride with modern bikes on a h2 you get left behind no fun and if it rains with skinny wheels well good luck. when i sat back and looked at the h2 apart from the motor everythink had to go apart from the frount hub and disk carrers it was all out dated cr..p. What i did try to do was to keep the period look but up grade everythink it was a mission.aneyway enjoy i will post more picks later....kwacka karl...ozz :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:58 am 

don k wrote:
Mike,

What fork brace? I see a fender and a lower triple clamp. Very nice triple clamps too and very cool frame, look closely. 8-)

Don

:wtf: You're right! That lower clamp is so nice, I assumed it was a fork brace! HAHAHA! :oops: :lol:

02' SV650 Race Bike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:01 am 

^2 up - All true Karl, (I have a zx10r for everyday use) but I would love to build a H2-R 'street version' one day, a bit like yours - what is the history of that particular frame..........??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 am 

RODH2 wrote:
I'd kill for an original H2-R frame, there are a few of them in Aus! :(

Bad luck for you - there are a few copies in Aus (the '72 chassis has been copied 6 times), but regarding the real racers TKA had 3 H2R's and 3 KR750, plus one H2R Hurley Wilvert sold to them. Two of them left Australia and the others are in the hands of collectors. In addition there is one US '72 H2R on display at the Phillip Island museum.

Today there are more copies out than Kawasaki ever made - so without knowing how the real one should look like everybody can pull your leg :e4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 pm 

wejext wrote:
Today there are more copies out than Kawasaki ever made

True, and you see it happen to other iconic vehicles too.

First to come to mind is the 427 Ford/Shelby Cobra ... some folks have gone to great lengths to copy them, then there are the fliberglass ones that are easy to spot as replicas. A buyer of something like a H2R, or a Cobra, needs to do their homework!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 pm 

I;m not trying to pull aneyones leg it look,s like a h2r and that,s as far as it goes....what forom are we in [rods and mods] as i sead it,s beefed up... biger tubing totaly different spes do you think a 180 tyer 130 front would go into those skinny frams...and handle.....NO... i built the frame myself..... from first glans it looks like a H2R but far far better....kwacka karl...ozz :ugeek: