Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yamasaki KH2 750
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am 

Welcome to the forum, I remember this bike from 2sw as well. That kz tail looks like it would go well with a RD400 tank.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:05 am 

surrealsam wrote:
Ja-Moo wrote:
Those look like Wirges stingers. Are they heavy?

I didnt know there were such things as Wirges stingers. Arent Wirges basically garbage?

They cost around $38 to ship so they may be on the heavy side, but I wont know for sure until they arrive.

no, Wirges stinger actually work well. And they cost $38 to ship because the post office has JACKED their rates up recently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm 

no, Wirges stinger actually work well. And they cost $38 to ship because the post office has JACKED their rates up recently.[/quote]

Hi Cody!, thats good news! :thumbup: I really didnt want to get stuck with a set of bad pipes.

I will be ordering jets this week, but have no clue where I should order from or what sizes I should start with. Any ideas? The motor is pretty much stock from what I can tell.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:53 pm 

oxford wrote:
Welcome to the forum, I remember this bike from 2sw as well. That kz tail looks like it would go well with a RD400 tank.

Funny you mentioned that. I was planning to put the KZ tail piece on my R5 along with an RD400 tank. Now if only the tanks weren't so expensive!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:24 pm 

I ended up spending a few hrs Friday night working on my bike and with the help of a buddy I was able to clean some of the mounts off, fab up a seat pan and weld in some new mounts for the tank, voltage reg and steering damper. I even picked up a cheap LED headlamp from the local auto store. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't get any pics. :e4 I live an hour and a half away from where I have the bike stored so I couldn't simply run home to grab it. Also, my pipes did not arrive because the guy who sent them shipped them UPS, so the did not show up until today. I was so freaking pissed.. :banghead. So Friday I will go back up north to work on it, but this time I will stay the entire weekend.

Today I was able to restore the hand controls. They were off my parts bike and in terrible condition. The turn signal and headlight switches were frozen solid due to all the rust. I ended up soaking them in vinegar for a couple days and then stripped the paint off (the vinegar softened the paint making it easier to strip) and polished them up with a dremel.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:26 pm 

This is what the hand controls look like now. I did both the throttle side and the left side. I think they turned out pretty good considering how bad they looked.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm 

I also grabbed the carbs and brought them home to clean. I expected them to be pretty dirty, but was surprised at how clean they were. There was some type of substance coating everything inside that smelled almost like varnish. I cleaned it all out and the carbs look great!

I also found the jet sizes: 97.5 mains and 40 pilots... I think they may be stock sizes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:57 pm 

This weekend I was able to get a few more things done with my bike, but still have a lot to do. I was hoping to have it running in time to take it to the Motorcycle Freak Show this year, but it doesnt look like it will happen. I guess Ill have to bring the R5 again.

I put the carbs, clutch cable, throttle/controls and steering damper onto the bike.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:05 pm 

Finished the seat pan and mounted the CDI boxes. I found a cheap fog light at the local Auto store and put it on. I didnt want a big headlight as I felt it would clash with the bikes style.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:16 pm 

The New pipes look pretty good. I still need to figure out how to mount them. I think the cans are JCWhitney. They should be loud enough to keep the neighbors away 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next