Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:07 pm 

Hmmm, this doesn't fit in with it being a LARGE part... :think:
I better keep looking. :banghead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:27 pm 

It looks like an early plastic headlight bucket, but I don't know what that would have to do with a box of chromed parts... :crazy:

Cody wrote:
The only hint I can give is that when I received the box of rechromed parts when I bought the H2b back, I thought one of them was damaged.
Turns out it wasn't......

And

Cody wrote:
...the "odd feature" has nothing to do with the front fender or chrome... so keep guessing. :lol: :lol:

So, if it has nothing to do with chrome, why was it in a box of rechromed parts? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:53 pm 

ThreePipesSmokin wrote:
It looks like an early plastic headlight bucket, but I don't know what that would have to do with a box of chromed parts... :crazy:

Cody wrote:
The only hint I can give is that when I received the box of rechromed parts when I bought the H2b back, I thought one of them was damaged.

And

Cody wrote:
...the "odd feature" has nothing to do with the front fender or chrome... so keep guessing. :lol: :lol:

So, if it has nothing to do with chrome, why was it in a box of rechromed parts? :roll:

now were getting somewhere (this is detective work!!!^^^^^^^^^)

I stand by my statements... The "odd feature" is NOT whether or not a part is chromed or not chromed.

and no, not headlight bucket.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 pm 

ok, I'll add this......

One must have a very strong knowledge of the parts found on an H2b (or H2c).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:31 pm 

OK, the top triple clamp is polished, not painted. I thought it was the handlebar clamps but I think maybe it's the whole top triple clamp? :think:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 pm 

ThreePipesSmokin wrote:
OK, the top triple clamp is polished, not painted. I thought it was the handlebar clamps but I think maybe it's the whole top triple clamp? :think:

I'm actually not sure if Jim's bike has a polished or chrome top triple clamp, but it's definitely shiny.

I'm also fairly confident (from blowing up photos) that the bike in the Big Bike article had stock (black) triples/handlebar clamps.

no rhyme or reason.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 pm 

Alright, I'm giving up for tonight. :( I can't spend all night trying to find this, I'll be back at it tomorrow while I should be working! :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:26 pm 

scrambler73 wrote:
No... it's not the horn.

Just to be clear , from what you stated it is a pair??? And it is chromed ?? The reason I ask is your post before and after ?? Not pointing fingers or you are misleading to this???? :D

1976 KV 75

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 am 

JohnnyO wrote:
scrambler73 wrote:
No... it's not the horn.

Just to be clear , from what you stated it is a pair??? And it is chromed ?? The reason I ask is your post before and after ?? Not pointing fingers or you are misleading to this???? :D

To clarify, when I pulled this particular part from the box that contained all of the rechromed parts (that the previous owner had done before I bought the bike back), I thought that it was "damaged". No mention of it being a "pair", and it is not a paired item.

It is a Single Part!!!

I set this part aside and dug out a a known "original" (black painted...oooooh, there's a hint! :lol: ) one to compare with as I planned on using an original instead.
But then when looking at photos of Jim H's bike, I realized that my "thought-to-be-damaged" part was actually "modified". Photos also show it was modified on the original Big Bike article bike/Tony N's drag bike (one and the same bike I believe)

the final hint (and you guys should get it from this one) is that this part is still sporting its original Black Paint on the Big Bike CR90.. :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:26 am 

a couple of progress photos....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next