Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 flatspot issues
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 am 

Thanks for that Henry.
From my limited experience, tuning on a drag bike is easier with Lectrons but have read they aren't a good street carb.
Glad to know they are very workable for both applications.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:22 pm 

Yeah, that's good news! Thank's Henry! Jorgen, i'll guess you'r going to spend most time tuning 1/8-1/4 throttle range with your upcoming 38's? This beqouse our ported triples won't make much power down there and need alot less fuel compare to that sled they came from. That's my theori anyway.. But your ufo's and powerjet should give you a snappy respons when you sorted them out! :thumbup: A O2 sensor would be good help! Good luck and don't forget to post your findings!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:00 am 

Cool.

I have a lot of brass to VM34, which fits to VM38 (except minor differences on needle jet)

Do you have any possibilities making a dyno run??

Don't know where you live, but I am in Oslo. So, if you happen to live just across the border we can take your bike on my dyno for a good test.

Jorgen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 am 

That would be great fun Jorgen! :thumbup: But i live in Edsbyn, about 440km. from Oslo..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 am 

aaaaa.......too bad.

You plan for a dyno run elsewhere now as you have sorted out the flat spot issue? Should be VERY interesting seeing that dynosheet!

Jørgen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

The Mikuni's are almost infinitely more adjustable than the Lectrons. So they do take a bit more time to sort out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:03 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
aaaaa.......too bad.

You plan for a dyno run elsewhere now as you have sorted out the flat spot issue? Should be VERY interesting seeing that dynosheet!

Jørgen
I was.. Have other issues now :banghead There is infact a shop with a dyno not far from here, but i have to cure mr. detonation first.. :e4 Bike runs (and idles ;) ) pretty good besides deto, will try bigger powerjets but have also talked to Ebbe about redesigning my heads (current is double squished) so will see..
Ja-Moo wrote:
The Mikuni's are almost infinitely more adjustable than the Lectrons. So they do take a bit more time to sort out.
Yep, and money.. Mikuni part's are very spendy in sweden, so i usually buy them in the states.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 pm 

Here's an update in detoland.. Tryed Aspen R (102 octane racefuel) last night and it didn't help one bit!!?? Bike ran good but would still deto :o Really surprised me!? Going from premium 98 (about the same as 93 in US) to 102 should cure it, or? Talked to Ebbe again and he said that back in the 90's when engine was built they tuned them for skinny pipes like fbg etc.
That's why i have double squish head's with pretty high compression (165psi).

That worked fine with old school skinny pipes but when you put on some modern pipes it will detonate beqouse of the much stronger charger effect in them, pretty logic.. He suggested i should try my stock head's to start with insted of drown it in fuel as a bandaid.. good point! So i have changed head's tonight (pressure went down to about 135-140psi) and hope i can make a testrun tomorrow?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Get a Zeel retardable ignition box if you don't already have one

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:32 am 

......or one of Nev's, but going back to 150psi will do the trick...!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next