Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: H2 flatspot issues
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:09 am 

Neville Lush wrote:
No variable anything on my H2 outfit, well maybe just the rider. Just porting etc as per usual. Have used 125mm belly on H1 engines as well, heaps more midrange and top end.
Ok, I guess i need to start over and check porttimings and put them in a good pipeprogram and se what i get? Maybe the prob. is in the diffusor? Current (one step) diffusor is 4,5*
Enjoying the last days of riding here 8-) , will check porttiming when fall comes..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:38 pm 

Yes!! Finally found me some used Lectrons on "stealbay" today! :D They are 44's but according to Ebos (org. engine builder) they should work fine.
Came with powerjet and both choke and throttle cables for 350$ So i'm happy today! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:54 am 

Flatspot is gone!!! Belive it or not, Lectron's cured it! Got the needles from ebos and adjusted them so that bike would idle pretty good and that's it!
Went for a first testride yesterday and bike just pulled past flatspot like nothing!! Very happy now! :D Gonna wait with finetuning until spring, to cold now..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:25 am 

Great!

You have any idea why???? Power jets perhaps???

Jørgen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 am 

Yea, it's better than great!!! Best part is that i dont have to cut them damn pipes anymore!! :mrgreen:
powerjets allows you to run a leaner needle so yes that would help. But the vm34's bike came with have powerjets but are still way rich..
I'll guess you can make a mikuni work great to, just have to pick the right needle/nozzle combination.. :banghead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 am 

Is there a downside to the Lectrons?
I have read that idle quality is not a strong point.
The lack of documentable Mikuni needles for our carbs does not help this matter other than using Ivan's kit.

Lot's of guys here have quit with the VM series to try others but have not heard that many street riders have gone the route of Lectrons and wonder why.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 am 

I have had a set of rubber intakes for 38-40 series mikunis in my shelf ror years, and found good used VM38 taken from a Skidoo triple on E-bay. Got them all 3 for less than 100 bucks.

Therefor, I am going to try out power jetted Vm38's with UFO's for my upcoming pport hot sylinders.

I am optimistic, but also realize low and mid power may be lower than I like it.

Anyway, a Q: The power jet, is it ONLY affected by throttle openings, OR throttle openings AND rpm COMBINED????

I mean, the suction pulse/velocity through carb increase when rpm raise, does'nt it, hence also affect the power jet???

Jørgen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:16 pm 

Jim C wrote:
The lack of documentable Mikuni needles for our carbs does not help this matter other than using Ivan's kit.

Lot's of guys here have quit with the VM series to try others but have not heard that many street riders have gone the route of Lectrons and wonder why.
Well, have only about 2 miles on my lectrons so far.. due to weather conditions (3degrees c and wet..) And first (and last i hope=) downside is the superlong pull on the grip from idle to wot! (not surprising, they are 44's..) This with stock throttlegrip. Idle wasent perfect so i gonna riching it up a 1/4 turn on needles and try again.

I'm pretty sure that one should be able to get them to idle quite nice? I mean, Ebos put them on his street engine's and that would be hard to sell if they wont idle good? Anyway i will know soon enuff.. :? Agree on the mikuni needle's, it's a jungle! As i sad, i'm sure you can get a mikuni to work proper, if your willing to spend some time on them. Problem for me was that there is no needle options (that i know of) for my tm38 Ski-doo rack. They are #8 series needles and the only other mikuni using them are the rs carb's and thoose needles look completly different! :banghead And the vm34's i have are to small.. So i went to lectron..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:40 pm 

jyrgNorway wrote:
I have had a set of rubber intakes for 38-40 series mikunis in my shelf ror years, and found good used VM38 taken from a Skidoo triple on E-bay. Got them all 3 for less than 100 bucks.

Therefor, I am going to try out power jetted Vm38's with UFO's for my upcoming pport hot sylinders.

I am optimistic, but also realize low and mid power may be lower than I like it.

Anyway, a Q: The power jet, is it ONLY affected by throttle openings, OR throttle openings AND rpm COMBINED????

I mean, the suction pulse/velocity through carb increase when rpm raise, does'nt it, hence also affect the power jet???

Jørgen
Nice, let me know how many nozzles you need.. Just kidding! :lol: This is how i think/have read powerjet work's: Powerjet's allow you to run smaller mj's in mikuni's and leaner needles in lectron's and come in play between 1/2-wot. So it shoulden't effect small throttle openings to much?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 pm 

Jim C wrote:

I have 40mm electrons. Got fed up with buying mikuni jets and needles
Only have to use one needle. Idle is fine have not found a downside

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next