Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
I seem to remember that members on the KTOG board WERE actually reproducing the early lines, and possibly had the later ones in progress. Might check there.

The key word there is "were". As I said, I don't think they're currently available. It can't hurt to ask "Darth" (Jim Shreve) of course.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:41 am 

I have another method that I have used with good success. I take the pump loose and gently lift it up enough to slide a 9/32 socket over the oil pump drive tang. Then I hook up my cordless drill turning CCW if memory serves. Hold the pump wide open, watch the lines fill, stick my fingers in the intakes and run the drill until I feel the oil coming out into the intakes. Works like a champ.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 am 

H2RTuner wrote:
I seem to remember that members on the KTOG board WERE actually reproducing the early lines, and possibly had the later ones in progress. Might check there.

My post on that thread over there has gone unanswered.

Fortunately for me, a member here had a spare set

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:52 pm 

I wonder what happened to them, their work looked very nice, and promising.

I never did like the 4 outlet systems, they just don't work as nicely as the 3 line systems do.

I never did check what the fresh out of the factory blow off pressure was on one of the mingled 3 line valves was, anyone have a specification for them? I have never seen a blow off spec pressure for those, only for the 3 line valves, 4.60 lbs. pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:14 pm 

What happened was Jim “Darth” and Steve “CrabbySteve” were making the lines, well Steve the lines and Jim taking care of the check valve part and making the new plastic ends, Steve had some personal issues and decided to disappear from the triple world and in doing so he took with him the knowledge that he had developed in making the lines.

Jim and I have figured out some of the big hurdles like what line to use, how to successfully heat and bend the sharp angles in the lines, along with sourcing the proper adhesive as nylon is very difficult to bond. At this point we have all the information and materials including all the old oil lines, cases and covers to make these again, at the current time our lives seem to be filled with very little time and or interest and things always seem to get started and pushed to the back burner, hopefully this winter we can devote more time to this project and get it back on its feet again...

We do sell the check balls and springs which are currently on e bay or you can PM on either board to save a few bucks.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2908144646

1976 KV 75