Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:20 pm 

My h2A has been having an oil pump issue that Ive been battling, and Im not too proud to say "I NEED HELP!" I got the bike running on premix and noticed air in the oil lines that i could not rectify with letting the engine idle and holding the pump wheel wide open, so I: Installed a enother correct type oil pump with stat o seals all all fittings and dida visual inspection of all lines and made sure that the oil tank flowed freely. I started the bike again and in fast order th #1 and #2 lines filled with oil and with no air bubbles, but again, #3, the short pipe showed mostly air with an occasional oil droplet passing by. I then removed the #3 oil pipe and tested the check ball and the line itself for leaks. Now,let me explain that the procedure I used was with a lot of fingers and blowing/ sucking on said pipe. (Again, not too proud) I didnt notice any leaks at all. Question is..Could there be a tiny leak that went unnoticed and could that cause my symtoms...Is it repairable? Or what else might it be? The check valve is operational and Ive replaced most components now with similar results. :banghead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:47 pm 

I just spent a while mixing up some EPOXY and smearing it neatly around the #3 line joints. NO improvement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

tuff one zero, thinking on what to try.............. :problem:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:58 pm 

I imagine TWO oil pumps gone bad are a stretch of the imagination? The two lines that have no air look very healthy indeed. #3 is 70% air or more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 pm 

Send the pumps and lines to me, and let me work on them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:37 pm 

You got it. Im yanking and capping the system in the morning and Ill get back to you. THANKS!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:53 pm 

Pumps and lines are boxed. Ill update LATER. Bike now on premix. 32.1(ish) :shifty:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:03 pm 

It REALLY isn't rocket science, I never had a problem with air in the lines that couldn't be fixed in under 5 minutes, the problem is almost certainly with the short oil line, how did you test it? I'd be putting mopey on the valve failed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

R.B. wrote:
It REALLY isn't rocket science, I never had a problem with air in the lines that couldn't be fixed in under 5 minutes, the problem is almost certainly with the short oil line, how did you test it? I'd be putting mopey on the valve failed.

Ditto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:24 pm 

Where were YOU when I was asking for help? Ive had the short line valving apart and cleaned it. It only flows in one direction. If its failed, how can I repair it. Can I use another fitting? How would a valve let air into a sealed system?