Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Center stand H2 72
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:38 pm 

My problem with the center stand was the legs are too long making it tough to get the bike up, and then it went so far over center when used it was almost impossible to get the bike back off it. I have longer than stock rear shocks so that helped some but not enough. I ended up building up the pads on the stand where the frame rests to help the over center, and taking about 1/2” out the length of the legs. It is useful now without dropping a nut to deploy.

Mark

1980 Moto Guzzi SP1000
2019 Triumph T100

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:36 pm 

I just want to add a thank you to Jim for his comment. I was searching for help on installing a center stand spring when I came across this thread. Instead of coins I used washers. I bit of a bitch but got it done with about 20 washers. That is one tough spring.

Regarding the true subject of this thread, I do use the same technique, right foot on the leg off the stand, left hand on the handle bars, right hand lifting from the grab bar.

When I bought the roller I built my 74 with the seller had obviously just cobbled together enough parts to call it a roller but they weren't all the right parts. I noticed that the correct spring for the center stand did not hold it up against the muffler, it just hung low. I even tried a new spring, same result. Well I finally got the correct center stand and everything fits nicely. And it seems easier to get it up on the center stand now. Not sure what the first one was from but probably a smaller bike. The bracket that the spring hooks onto is at least an inch higher than the correct one.

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:03 am 

Never2Old wrote:
Regarding the true subject of this thread, I do use the same technique, right foot on the leg off the stand, left hand on the handle bars, right hand lifting from the grab bar.

Normally the left foot is used on the stand's lever, but whatever works for you is the best way.