Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am 

Zambia wrote:
battleax wrote:
http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/tips/leds/led_headlight_conv.htm

I did this to my S3, draws 22 watts, brightest headlight I've got. Here, about $17.

Easy to do.

Did you ride it at night though? Honest question... I put in one of those and if you look at the bulb when it's lit, it will sear your retinas - however, out on a country road at night...it was hopeless, I couldn't see 20 feet!

The depth of the bulb placement is critical. the bulb needs to be as far into the sealed beam housing as possible. The first time I did it I did not put the bulb far enough in and had just what you described, I trimmed the back of the sealed beam, and modded the bulb to go in farther, 'viola! works great, I can see down the road just fine, just a little difference between low beam and high beam. that is the only downside. They are both bright. I will do this to the H1 and H2.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:13 am 

I have one too. There is another downside, and that is the low beam doesn't have any cutoff for oncoming drivers' eyes. As you said, there is little difference between low and high.