Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 am 

Pulled the RH caliper off to try and rectify the bleed screw insert before I try again.....and to let myself calm down for a week or two :crazy:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm 

trent wrote:
Pulled the RH caliper off to try and rectify the bleed screw insert before I try again.....and to let myself calm down for a week or two :crazy:

Are you using stock hoses :?:

I put a twin kit on with a new 5/8 M/C etc. but couldn't get a firm lever even after bleeding.

Firstly try taping the brake lever on overnight. The pressure forces any air back into the M/C.

I finally solved it by putting braided lower hoses on :idea:

These didn't work... :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 pm 

Yes using NOS stock hoses.....Hmmmm there seems so many potential problems with this mod. Would like to keep it looking as stock as possible though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 am 

trent wrote:
Yes using NOS stock hoses.....Hmmmm there seems so many potential problems with this mod. Would like to keep it looking as stock as possible though.

If you use black coated braided lines, they look pretty stock, and make a big improvement in braking as well as getting rid of the spongy lever, which presumably is why you want a twin set up - if it's just for show, use stock... ;)

Braided lower hoses:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 pm 

Refitted my RH caliper. Bled system again but my mytivac broke :thumbdown: it was the cheapest suction type.
Tried to conventionally do it again :thumbdown: I have braking but VERY spongy and not safe.
Tried nearly everybody's tips so far but I shall not give in.......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 pm 

Trent, I've had this happen if the pads are not exactly square with the disk. If the calipers are mounted properly and nothing is bent, a thousand miles of use can make them wear to match the disk. Look at the pads closely while squeezing the lever and releasing it, and see if any gaps appear around the pads. Also, look for movement when you squeeze.

I know it's not particularly safe, but for the first hundred of two miles after I replaced the pads, my stock dual disk setup was very spongy. Now it's fine, and will lock the wheel easily.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 pm 

Thanks Jim will check in a minute. They are both moving but it only starts to bite when the lever is against the grip.....I have air in there still.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 pm 

my duel disc system on H 2 was the same as Jims , when you operate the brake you can see the calipers twisting if pads arnt flat to discs they do bed in