Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 am 

Used mityvac and the L/H side bled within a minute. Loads of bubbles at start to full flow with no bubbles. Vacuum holding steady just pumping it a few times to keep 15psi and making sure MC was kept topped up.
This is easy thought I, too quickly.....when I went to do the R/H side vacuum would not hold no matter how fast i pumped.
On further inspection the insert that was fitted to hold the bleed screw (L/H caliper modded to R/H caliper) was coming out when the bleed screw was turned :banghead
Looks like a strip down of the R/H Caliper to resecure the insert for the bleed screw..........unless I can think of something else first.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

It's things like this that make one pull their hair out, or go with a EX caliper...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 pm 

It took me a while to source the correct right hand caliper, The KZ750 has a different connection for the hoses but everything else is the same. I may have one of those in my shed you can have for the cost of freight (from Australia) It will look a little different though as the hose goes direct to the caliper and not the metal tubing. Let me know if your interested and I will have a dig around.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 am 

Thnks Steve, but I want the original look dual disc set up for my H2 so will persevere with this set up.
I,ve had the R/H caliper off to fix the bleed screw being stuck in the insert.....will try and get her back on and start all over again.
While my brake was off I decided to play with the bike and couldn't get a spark. Checked out my ignition boxes with MRAXL flow chart.
Guess what the ignition is Kaput....looks like a Lakeland unit is in my near future. Already contacted them very helpful.
These bikes certainly are character building.
P.S The EX caliper is looking very attractive to me now.......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 am 

The LAKELAND units are great. I bought one, then sold my spare originals and parts and almost made the money back! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:45 pm 

trent wrote:
These bikes certainly are character building.

And that's a good thing! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:39 am 

trent wrote:
On further inspection the insert that was fitted to hold the bleed screw (L/H caliper modded to R/H caliper) was coming out when the bleed screw was turned :banghead
Looks like a strip down of the R/H Caliper to resecure the insert for the bleed screw..........unless I can think of something else first.

The insert was glued in with "LOCK TITE", this has lost it's strenght after the heating up for the powder coating.

If you need a new insert, just say I will send you one.

ps. don't use execive force to turn the bleed screw in, the insert is made of "soft" ALU to make sure it's sealing

edit : I used quicktape for the first time on this application, maybe thats the problem. I'll use the old stuff again

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 am 

Hi Leon, I don't think I am "ham fisted" and only use a very "light nip" when closing these as that's all it needs.
I had that exact thought about the powder coating, I was not insinuating anything, any weakness was down to what I did getting it coated.
Could you send me another insert and mushroom/extraction tool just let me know the cost and I will paypal you.
The right hand caliper bracket is like a piece of art almost too nice to put on the bike and is so impressive and a perfect fit.
It's just another thing I didn't think of that's come and bitten me in the a*se again.... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 pm 

I just got one of his kits and they are great. They do make loctite at work we use for hydo cylinders but it just seems to be the red in a different label. Great job on the kits Leo as they are great :thumbup: :D Like was said make a slow pressure bleeder for the master cylinder and open both bleeders slowly and the air should go out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 am 

@ Trent

I send you a set, free of charge. :thumbup: (just need to dig up you're adres)

@ Dewman

thanks for the kind words 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next