Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:23 pm 

To All

I went up and bought a new camera yesterday and finally have some PIC's of the Bike

I wish to thank all of you for the good advice, lots of tips, tricks and direction, could not have got this far in 12 weeks without you guys !!!

Frame has been powder coated gloss black, other bits satin black, all new wheel bearings (All Balls), steering head, bronze swingarm bushings, electrical re-wrapped, muh converted to stainless or regular allen screws, PBI 520 "X" ring chain conversion, Fat Excell Rims from Buchanons with Polished Stainless Spokes, Bridgestone BT45V tires, EX caliper and Master Cylinder, Moo bracket Plate from Jim, EX clutch Perch, Speigler Line, Drilled PHR racing rotor, HVCcycle did the forks, new tubes from Franks, Racetech Springs, Gold Valve Emulators, 15w oil and ready to go ( Polished the on a buffer), Don Fulsang Gauges, JRD shifter Bushings.........soon to be MOO cylinders........and my buddy Doug Neef has the body work done (fork ears are purple, had no choice).......I have the 75 tank so it will be 75 candy purple from WFO Custom Paint, VM34's are ready (had to carve on the UFO's to get the slides to close for proper idle).......300 hours maybe and a lot of $
:mrgreen:
THX Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:40 pm 

Looks great Phil, what size rims and tires did you get?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:04 pm 

Really nice - love the wheels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm 

Hey Ron, Hope you are doing well

Excell back 3.50X18 is REWM61840 $260

Excell front 2.50X18 is REWM41840 $218

Buchanans in LA, Laced up with polished SS spokes about $1000 to $1100 less shipping, they are pretty fast too, had them back quick

Then Dennis Kirk has tires, theses are "V" 149mph rated

Back BT45V 140/70-18 072818 $121.97
Front BT45V 110/80-18 072478 $105.97 free shipping

Everything is a real close fit, I would not go any bigger unless planning on some serious mods

On the Back.........did the skinnier 520 chain conversion (530 may work fine) I had to grind an area in the chain gaurd to match and not hit my Progressive 412 shocks as they were pushing it into the tire..........put a very slight bend about 4" back on the brake arm (on the swingarm front end)........put some spacers in the brake bolt\nut.........had to get rid of the lockwasher, pinned and locktighted it...........had to modify the emgo turn signals and space them out, else the tire would have hit them.

On the front........I took the fender mount off and drilled new holes exactly 3/4" center to center above the existing four mounting holes......also, had to get allen cap screws to mount them to the forks as the stock ones hit the rib of the tire when installing.

They look good I think

PS:...are you happy with your jetting on your UFO'd 72........I think I am going to get the needle jets you suggested (P-2 maybe, will have to re-read the VM34-UFO Doc, have P-6 now)

THX Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:21 pm 

I haven't worked on my Gold H2 much and don't even remember where I ended up on the jetting. I did
ride up the mountain last Sunday and it's a little rich just off idle but great everywhere else. Still don't
have but maybe 300 miles on the motor so it needs more miles before I lean it a little more from idle
to 1/8th throttle. Once I get it they are coming off and going on another motor I'm building with
rubber mounts. I do like the U.F.O's, makes it very snappy. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:31 pm 

Hey Ron,

I will reveiw what you posted a while back, I will be putting a new set of Wossners in and Moo Stage 1 port, would like it a bit rich for the first 500 miles or so.........next winter I am going to do a new crank, clutch, undercut the gears maybe, may convert to a 72/73 three line oiling system (will have to drill the passage in the cases, put the "jets" in the intake ports) which I just got off of ebay with the rebuidable lines...........I have been looking (reading anyways) at the Suzuki Water Buffalo Rubber Mounting........let us know how that works, sounds like a really good mod. I would have done the motor this winter, but I have two large telephone systems to build, time to get back to my real job.

THX Phil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:25 pm 

Thanks Zambia !..............Put a lot of hours in it, did not cut any corners, learned alot, it will be my rider as soon as it thaws out this spring.

THX Phil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 pm 

Yes, I am showing off :mrgreen: ...........Jims new CDI box (Thanks Jim !)..........way cool.............I thought my buddy's were going to have a Gorebasm when they saw it...........the nasty old CDI box had to go.

THX Phil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 pm 

BBP wrote:
...I thought my buddy's were going to have a Gorebasm when they saw it.

He he, I know what that is! :thumbup: Bike looks fantastic! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

If you haven't done so send your heads and cyls off to have some work done to them before installing on bike. Then when you ride you will be happy. Nice job, keep up the good work. :thumbup: