Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H1A Ignition switch nut
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:45 am 

Hi guys, I'm part way through rebuilding an H1A and I'm missing the retaining nut for the ignition switch I have.

It seems to be a 25mm nut/ring with a 1.0 mm thread pitch. Does anyone know if any of the ignition nuts for later models will fit? It's not listed as a separate part on the early H1's but I see lots of Z1 and later 500 ones on Ebay.

Cheers and thanks

Graeme

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:36 am 

72 model should be the same. It's chrome. I believe all the later H1s are black. Not sure if they are the same thread or not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:42 am 

The nut for the 69-71 H1 is unique.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm 

.....and not listed as a separate part, or Number.......... :( Edit: err, just like the O.P. said......! (like the sound of my own voice...!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:05 pm 

Hmmm, I have a lot of early H1 stuff in a big box in the corner of the shed...... and I KNOW I have a H1 ign switch, not sure about the ring tho. I am already behind, finding some H2 stuff for another Forum member, but I will "start" having a look for it..... (time seems precious, now that I am retired!!) Stay tuned and I will see what I have, but do not hold your breath!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:51 am 

Thanks guys

So no easy fixes then. If you find a nut, I'll happily pay for it Rod.
I ran into this problem before on my last H1A and had a guy make one on a lathe - I was hoping it might be easier this time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:04 am 

If I can find it in the next week, it's yours........50/50 at this point! (I should've catalogued all this stuff 40 years ago...... :roll: )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:33 am 

Thanks for the offer Rod.

I actually managed to find one in Palmerston North of all places, when I was looking for a horn which I got as well.

Very happy to get it, though I managed to subsequently lose it in the garage for over a week before it magically appeared in a container, in an obvious place, that I must have examined closely at least 5 times previously, including with a lenser LED headlamp. I won't say how many hours I spent searching, but the floor is pristine now.... I'd be prepared to swear that there were fairies at work!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:25 am 

Glad you found one Graeme, I found a switch, but no nut.....I should have let you know earlier, apologies for that!!