Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 pm 

Not mine...just posting.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/4587093239.html

You're looking at a lot of Yamaha CS5Es. These are two-stroke twins that were the precursor to the famous RD200.

I have enough parts to build 2 or 3 full bikes and two of them will look pretty nice without too much hassle. The nicest looking one has been repainted and the color-match is spot on. The other nicer one and the rough one are all original.

The original purple one has the engine in the frame, while the other two engines are out and in crates. Obviously, you're not going to ride any of these bikes home. Look at the pictures. What you see is what you get.

The repainted bike has its original key. No key for the other two. The tumblers are out of the ignition on the rough bike, so you can use any key.

I picked these bikes up a few months ago with the intention of building one for my wife to ride, but she has since decided that motorcycling is not in her future and I have other projects I'm more interested in.

The two nicer ones have titles, but have not been registered since 2010 and 2012. No paperwork on the rough one.

You can fit everything (3-bikes, 2 crates of parts) into a 8' truck bed -- that's how I got them home.

Also included is a service manual and the factory parts lookup tables.

I'm looking for $1000 for the lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:17 pm 

Wish I still lived in the area!